Since I am into baking now, here is one more tasty and low fat cake recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe source: Recipezaar, made some modifications.
* 1 3/4 cups cake flour ( I did not have cake flour so i substituted it with all purpose flour + corn flour. From 1 cup flour take out 2tbsp and add 2tbsps corn flour )
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 3/4 cup orange juice (original recipe said 1/2cup, but it was too thick, so added 1/2 cup more, I used fresh)
* Zest of 1 orange
* 4 egg whites
* 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (for dusting the cake loaf after baking)
1. Prepare a 9x5x3" loaf pan with cooking spray then lightly dust with flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Add the oil and orange juice to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold egg whites into wet mixture.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a pick comes out clean from the center.
8. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
9. Let loaf cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and slicing.